Friday, October 8, 2010

Visiting Friends

Manfred & I are visiting friends in NSW for a few days. We arrived on Friday morning after catching the plane at 11pm on Thursday night. I don't like plane travel much at all because I get uncomfortable and my legs and feet start to bother me. Manfred managed to snooze off and on but I stayed awake for the whole journey. We had an hour and a half stop over in Melbourne, for which we were both very thankful. We could stretch our legs, have a decent cup of coffee and a bite to eat. There was a Krispy Kreme donut store just opening and of course I could not walk past it without buying at least one donut.

Noel & Jan (Weeks) kindly picked us up at the airport and have made us very welcome in their home in Heathcote. We are staying with them for the few days we are here. Our visit is not intended to be a busy sight seeing tour, but an opportunity to spend time talking and sharing and seeking God's love in our lives.

We will be here until Wednesday morning at which time Manfred will fly home and I will continue on to Queensland to visit Corrinna, Colin, Isabella & Liam, who moved there earlier this month. Colin is working on a contract in Qld for about 18mths, so the family have moved for that time. They will be moving into a rental home on 20th Oct so I will be staying to help with the move. Mainly to mind the little ones while Connie unpacks. This will be most enjoyable for me. I love Bella & Liam to bits and will really miss seeing them every week. We are so thankful for Skype. It means we can speak to and see each other on a regular basis so we in the west will be able to see them growing up. Liam at 6mths will be changing the most and we want to be able to share some of these changes.

Lee-Anne made a gorgeous gift of home made soy candles in 4 little tins, which she also decorated and a box container to carry them in, plus a beautiful card to give to our hosts. You can see these on her blog using the following link:

http://www.leeannebarry.com/2010/10/08/a-little-bit-of-monochromatic/


No comments: